The Romanesque Revival-style Dorchester National Bank building on High Street was originally built as a single-story structure in 1889, making it Cambridge’s oldest surviving bank building. Its first president was former Governor Henry Lloyd. In 1908, local architect J. Benjamin Brown added a second floor and attic, and he enlarged the building further in 1915. The building is reputed to be haunted by bank president George W. Woolford, who died in October 1929. It formerly housed the Richardson Maritime Museum.
The Spy Newspapers may periodically employ the assistance of artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance the clarity and accuracy of our content.