The second Cambridge High School opened on School Street in 1929. The building was severely damaged by fire in September 1935, and the students temporarily moved back to the Seminary, which had been the first high school. Cambridge-South Dorchester HS opened in September 1976, and the old high school building became the home of Cambridge Middle School until 1984, when much of the structure was demolished. What remained became the Dorchester Family YMCA.
The Spy Newspapers may periodically employ the assistance of artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance the clarity and accuracy of our content.