The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Community transmission of COVID-19 remains high. Wear a mask indoors in public spaces.
• Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 24.43% and its case rate is 150.98 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 899,672, an increase of 7,870 in the past 24 hours.
• In the past 24 hours, 58 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 12,416.
• The state’s average positivity rate is 21.91%, down 0.94 percentage points from yesterday.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 3,122, down 159 from yesterday.