Cambridge Time Machine: Academy School

In 1865, James L. Bryan bought six acres in what is now the Historic District, including the property on Mill Street upon which he built a military academy. In the 1870s, the military academy became Dorchester County’s public high school for boys. The Victorian frame building burned down on December 15, 1902, while 300 students […]
