When J.W. Crowell’s lumber and flour mill burned in 1877, a new plant was built on the 10-acre site on Cambridge Creek, and the firm incorporated as the Cambridge Manufacturing Company. The address was 106 Maryland Avenue, and the company boasted wheat and corn mills, marine railway, pile drivers, box and basket factory, shipyard, and lumber and sawmill. The company thrived during a period when Cambridge was a manufacturing giant.
The Spy Newspapers may periodically employ the assistance of artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance the clarity and accuracy of our content.