Editor’s Note: With COVID-19 statistics continuing to improve as more people are vaccinated, The Spy will discontinue its daily update at the end of this month. If there is a significant change in the trends, we will resume the update.
The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Dorchester County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 3,133.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 0.53%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 462,217, an increase of 36 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 1 person died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 9,523.
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate remains at 0.54% (-0.03 from yesterday).
• CDC 18+ population with at least one dose : 74.5%
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 57.19% of Marylanders and 41.14% of Dorchester County residents; second dose rates are 51.60% and 37.21% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients remains at 115 — 85 in acute care and 30 in intensive care.