Editor’s Note: With COVID-19 statistics continuing to improve as more people are vaccinated, The Spy will discontinue its daily update at the end of this month. If there is a significant change in the trends, we will resume the update.
The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Dorchester County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 3,133.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 0.53%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 462,017, an increase of 64 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 1 person died as a result of COVID-19, leaving the state’s total at 9,513.
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate is 0.57% (-0.03 from yesterday).
• CDC 18+ population with at least one dose : 73.5%
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 56.45% of Marylanders and 39.74% of Dorchester County residents; second dose rates are 50.39% and 35.76% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment, visit www.marylandvax.org or covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 4 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 115 people hospitalized — 76 in acute care and 39 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.